Notice: Resumption of Normal Office Hours.
Effective Thursday, September 3, 2020, the CLA resumes normal office hours of Mondays to Thursdays from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and Fridays from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
COVID-19 Restricted Visitor Policy
In keeping with a COVID-19 Visitor Policy set out by the Cannabis Licensing Authority’s (CLA) parent Ministry, the Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries (MICAF), this serves to advise that the CLA remains functional and committed to meeting the needs of all our clientele/stakeholders.
The CLA values its customers and regrets to inform that given the circumstances surrounding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, a decision has been taken to temporarily restrict access to our offices in an effort to safeguard the health of clients as well as that of our staff.
Effective immediately, a restricted visitor policy is in place at the CLA in order to protect customers and staff during business operations at our office. Given the health risks surrounding the virus and in keeping with the instructions of the Prime Minister, the Most Honourable Andrew Holness as well as health officials, it is imperative that the CLA plays its part in the collective efforts being made to reduce the spread of this virus by limiting the number of visitors to our office.
The relevant guidelines are as follows:
- Only designated staff, security personnel and office attendants will be permitted to enter the CLA’s office spaces.
- All visitors will be screened before access is granted to the CLA lobby. The screening will include travel history; locally or outside of the island.
- Visits are restricted only to persons with appointments, suppliers and emergency personnel.
- The CLA will adhere to the directive which states that there should be no gathering that exceeds 20 persons in a particular area. This number may be reduced for smaller areas such as the lobby.
- Meetings will be conducted on an online platform instead of face-to-face.
- Customer/visitor interactions with staff shall be limited to the lobby area in order to minimize exposure to staff.
- A declaration of any flu-like symptoms is also required.
- Any visitor who is experiencing symptoms such as fever, sneezing, coughing etc. or where such symptoms are observed will not be granted access to the Authority. This includes those with appointments.
We anticipate your cooperation in this regard as we all work together in combating this outbreak.